This santoku knife is hammer forged 3 layer style with a stainless steel cladding. It's strong against rusting because of the stainless cladding over white #2 carbon steel. This also adds strength and ductility to the blade, aids with durability. The upper face of the blade is left with the stainless forging scale which is known as a tsuchime finish.
It's made with a good balance, and recommended for home use. Santoku means “three advantages”. This type of knife is great for preparing vegetables, fish, and meat.
- Due to the price increase, once it is sold out, we discontinue this item
Core steel: white #2 steel
Construction: Stainless steel cladding over W#2
Blade type: Double edge
Overall length: 315mm
Blade length: 165mm
Blade thickness at base: 3.5mm
Blade height at base: 50mm
Handle type: Magnolia
Use & Care
- Do not attempt to cut, hit or chop frozen products or bones. The blade can chip or break.
- Hand wash with warm water and towel dry.
- Use a sharpening stone to maintain the sharpness of blade.
- Knife edge is sharpen by hand before shipping, it takes a week to ship