This stainless steel (INOX) Sujihiki is made of forged mono-steel and single edged blade. It is slicer style knife.
The long blade allows for slicing boneless proteins in one smooth stroke. The narrow blade reduces friction allowing for effortless strokes. The knife is not too heavy and thin so that it reduces the risk of chipping.
This is a really well balanced chef knife. It is great to cut bigger products. It is originally sharpen hamaguri shape, and it is easy to re-sharpen. Also because of the core-steel (INOX), it has superior edge retention and sharpness, compared to same thickness knives. Also, it is convenient for chefs because of the light weight.
Core steel: INOX steel
Blade type: Single edged
Overall length: 370mm
Blade length: 240mm
Blade thickness at base: 2mm
Blade height at base: 35mm
Handle type: Rosewood
Use & Care
- Do not attempt to cut, hit or chop frozen products or bones. The blade can chip or break.
- Hand wash with warm water and towel dry.
- Use a sharpening stone to maintain the sharpness of blade.
- Knife edge is sharpen by hand before shipping, it takes a week to ship
- It is single edged blade though, it doesn't have Urasuki (concave). So, it is recommended to sharpen only to make micro bevel for backside
If out of stock, it will take 2-4 weeks to restock
Versatile knife for home cook and professionals
This slicer is very sharp, easy to use and maintain. It's single edged blade allow you to slice fish and meat like Japanese Kataba knives. 240mm makes it very easy to handle even if you don't have a large prep space. The rosewood handle is super comfortable and the weight balance is just perfect. Highly recommend. I am considering getting 270mm in the future too.
Fine Edge Cutlery
Thanks for the review. And, I'm glad you like it. Yes, and The blade is hard enough to keep edge longer and also easy to sharpen as well,nicely balanced!