This stainless steel (Ps60) Sujihiki is made of forged mono-steel and single edged blade. It is slicer style knife.
The long blade allows for slicing boneless proteins in one smooth stroke. The narrow blade reduces friction allowing for effortless strokes. The knife is not too heavy and thin so that it reduces the risk of chipping.
When it's new, the blade has a bit of thickness and sharpen as double edge though, if you want to, it can be sharpen as single edge blade.
Core steel: PS60 steel
Blade type: Single edged
Overall length: 360mm
Blade length: 240mm
Blade thickness at base: 2mm
Blade height at base: 38mm
Handle type: Mahogany
Use & Care
- Do not attempt to cut, hit or chop frozen products or bones. The blade can chip or break.
- Hand wash with warm water and towel dry.
- Use a sharpening stone to maintain the sharpness of blade.
- Knife edge is sharpen by hand before shipping, it takes a week to ship
- It is single edged blade though, it doesn't have Urasuki (concave). So, it is recommended to sharpen only to make micro bevel for backside
If out of stock, it will take 2-4 weeks to restock